Social Mellon delivered on September the 24th and 26th, 2020 a webinar for Social Media entitled “Social Media for NGO: from theory to practice in 6 hours”. The training was organized by Social Dynamo -a joint initiative of the Bodossaki Foundation and the City of Athens- and was held online. The training seminar aimed at strengthening the skills and knowledge of the participants in order to use Social Media effectively and successfully for their organization’s mission and needs.
More than 45 members of Civil Society organizations in Greece attended the six hours training. Members who deal with communication in their organization gained a fundamental knowledge on how to transform their organization’s identity and activities into successful Social Media posts. Also, they learned the differences among the diverse Social Media platforms. Moreover, they had the opportunity to practice and create hand on their own post and videos.
Social Mellon’s Social Media e-training covered the topics below:
- Creating successful Social Media Posts in Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and best practices (types of posts, best posting hours and target audience)
- Copywriting for Social Media: How do we write engaging copies and theories
- Designing tools for posts, images, videos, stories (Canva, Lumen5)
- Practice: Create 1 Facebook Post, 1 Instagram post and short videο
- Metrics and analytics in Social Media
- Crisis management in social media (managing negative comments and messages)
- Presentation of the participants’ deliverables, discussion and evaluation
Social Mellon is collaborating since 2018 with Social Dynamo, offering Civil Society tailored trainings to cover specific needs such as social media best practices, email marketing and digital fundraising, in order to help their digital communications, become more effective.
The next training will be on October the 26th and 27th and it will be entitled: Digital Fundraising for NGOs: Best practices.